Every time Mac releases the new iOS, I can’t wait to have a try, just as this time I upgrade my iPhone to iOS 7 at the first time for I have heard so many beautiful rumors about iOS 7 such as it has more lock screen and home screen options, flatter colors, a sweeping removal of visual metaphors etc.
However, if you hasty to upgrade your iPhone or iPad iOS as me, mostly you will make a mistake as below:
Lost all photos in iPhone 5 after an iOS 7 update! I am using an iPhone 5 where i have updated my iOS version to new iOS 7. It was working fine before the update but now i have lost all of my pictures. The lost photos are really means a lot to me because they contain some confidential data. Is it possible to restore lost photos after iOS 7 update?
When you find your data were gone after iOS 7 upgrade, don’t panic, you can rescue such mistake totally. There are two choices for iOS 7 data recovery, let’s see the details.
1: Restore iPhone data after iOS 7 upgrade with iTunes
Every time you sync to your pc, iTunes makes a backup of your iPhone and update to the newest data. Not only can you access these backup files on your computer but also move these backups to your iCloud account. Therefore, you can get the last backup files from iTunes. If you haven’t backup iPhone files with iTunes, turn to Choice 2 directly. Follow below 5 steps to get photos back from iTunes.
1) Connect your iPhone to your PC.
2) Open iTunes.
3) Under “Devices”, you should see your phone, right click on it.
4) Click on “Restore from Backup”.
5) Select one of the earlier backups when you had all the contacts and let it install them. You are done!
2: Recover iPhone data after iOS 7 update without iPhone backup
Still there are parts of people do not backup their iPhone data at all times. At this time, adopting iPhone Data Recovery program is the first choice. iPhone Data Recovery is an excellent program that not only cans it recover deleted photos without backup but also had the ability to retrieve lost photos from iTunes backup. And it works on iPhone 5, 4S, 4, 3GS and older versions.
Firstly, free download iPhone Data Recovery and install it on your computer.
Step 1: Connect your iPhone with computer and launch this program, choose “Recover Data from iOS Device” recovery mode.
Step 2: Enter DFU mode to scan for lost data. Skip this step if you are iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S users.
1. Turn off your device by following steps: hold down "Power" button in the top right corner and the "Home" button on the front button of the device at the same time. A red slider will appear. Slide it to the right to turn off the device.
2. Click "Start" button on the main interface of this software.
3. Hold "Power" and "Home" at the same time for 10 seconds. This software will counts for you.
4. After 10 seconds have passed, release the "Power" button, but keep holding the Home Button for another 15 seconds.
Then you will be informed that you have entered DFU mode and the program will begin to scan your iPhone.
Step 3: Few minutes later, all the data in your iPhone will be scanned and are placed on the list. Preview these data lost on iOS 7 update, you can recover text messages after iOS 7 update, or other files. Then check the data you need, just click the “Recover” button to save the lost data on the computer.
About the Author
This is an article about how to recover iPhone data after iOS 7 update